Pete Sandoval, M.Ed., LPC, NCC is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Nationally Certified Counselor in private practice as the owner of New Insights Counseling. Pete specializes in working with adults struggling with anxiety, trauma, stress, grief, and those who have previously done therapy or personal growth work and are looking for a place to do deeper work on themselves. Pete believes in combining the latest neuroscience perspectives along with mindfulness and meditation to enhance the therapeutic experience and go beyond traditional talk therapy.
Pete has been involved in personal growth for more than 25 years and has his own story of chronic health issues that he has integrated into his understanding of holistic health practice. Pete believes it is important to live as much as possible by the same principles and practices that he teaches to his clients.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– What trauma is
– What happens to the brain and body during and after trauma
– Why understanding trauma is important
– What the ACE study was (Adverse Childhood Events) and its health significance
– Neuroscience and the connection between mental and physical health
– Attachment theory and complex trauma
– Latest therapeutic approaches for trauma, such as EMDR, Somatic Experiencing, Brainspotting
– Mindfulness, meditation, and how they help with trauma
– Implications of good mental health on physical health
For more information or to contact Pete Sandoval:
For more information or to contact Amanda LaPlante: